Accessing these forums (for COMBAT SIMS operators/attendees)
Thankyou for visiting our forums. Combat Sims Int
is a small, tight-knit community with very specific interests. We're passionate about our sport and whilst we welcome new members we also realise that our form of Combat Simulation is not for everyone and frequently makes us a target for those who either don't share our enthusiasm or want to get involved for the wrong reasons.
Our members are responsible, respectful and law-abiding and our sport is exactly that - a sport. Whilst we are very much military-oriented our equipment, methods and procedures serve only to enhance the intensity and challenge of competition and simulation, and are not in any way intended for use in real-world applications. We do what we do for fun and escapism. Politics and idealism are left at home when we come out to play.
If you wish to register for these forums and maintain access you'll need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18+ years of age. There is adult content within both the forums and some of the events that is not suitable for minors. There are currently two exemptions to this rule which may allow access for younger members:
- If you are 17 years old and a member of the Australian Defence Force, either full or part-time (as part of a Regular or Reserve unit). You will be asked to provide proof, such as a copy of your ADF ID.
- If you are 17 years old and are personally recommended by an existing member, you may be approved for attendance following a brief phone or e-mail interview
- You'll need to attend at least one recent event conducted by one of our member organisations before you can apply.
- You'll need a sponsor from one of those organisations to vouch for you and then you can go ahead and apply for registration, telling us who your sponsor is.
- Combat Sims Int. is powered by FragTag. As a result there may be sensitive information available on these forums which is only suitable for users and supporters of FragTag and Combat Sims Int. Applications from persons with known allegiances to other manufacturers and rival businesses, including employees of those businesses may be rejected.
- You need to attend games and events. Unless you have a legitimate reason, if you fail to attend three or more consecutive events conducted by your member group (the one you listed in your application) your access may be canceled. A legitimate reason may be, for example; Armed Forces service.
- All applicants must truthfully complete all site registration form fields including but not limited to the Local Operation and Referrer fields.
- Your forum username must match your current or planned on-field callsign. If you do not have a callsign you can use part or all of your real name however this is not recommended.
Admin reserves the right to deny access to anyone whose membership we feel is not in the best interests of Combat Sims.